How Do SaaS Companies Generate Leads?
Selling a product or service has changed over the years as customers have become better at identifying sales jargon that is full of empty promises. To stay competitive, companies must reevaluate their SaaS marketing strategy to show they can give every potential prospect exactly what they are looking for.
Unfortunately, not every lead will turn out to be desirable. Lead quality in SaaS is just as crucial as acquiring the lead itself. There are various ways to acquire leads, from digital advertising to email marketing, social media campaigns, and written content like this blog you are reading. With so many avenues available, which ones work best for your team? SaaS companies will typically generate leads through their own channels or contract out to an organization like Statwax who can help optimize your current strategies to better focus on quality lead generation. There are benefits to both, and one or the other may not suit every business. This is precisely why we have put together this brief guide on SaaS lead generation and how you can generate quality leads yourself.
What is SaaS Lead Generation?
After years of development and fine-tuning, a product is ready to hit the market. Why then do some products flourish while others flop? Among a myriad of reasons, one major contributing factor is lead generation.
Simply put, SaaS lead generation is the process of creating interest around a service with the intention of turning a lead into a sale. Lead generation is a fundamental part of the sales funnel for many companies. In essence, this process is about getting people to your site and giving them a way to provide contact information, like an email or phone number. The real question is, how does someone effectively do this?
How do you Create a Lead Generation Plan?
Your lead generation plan or strategy could be implemented through paid advertising, email marketing, social media posts, or SEO content, just to name a few. Regardless of the methodology used, your process should involve the following elements.
- Conduct thorough research on your target audience to discover common pain points.
- Analyze the data from the research and create content that provides a solution to a problem. The content needs to be optimized and have a clear path for users to share their contact information. If applicable, users should be logged in to an email list or integrated into your CRM system.
- Promote the content through your popular channels such as email, social media, blogs, and referrals. The goal is to get organic searches for your organization.
- Automated emails or other contact forms provide them with information to resolve their pain points.
- The marketing and sales departments will grade and categorize the leads into what products or services will be right for them.
- Finally, the sales team will use everything they have when contacting leads to turn them into customers. They can offer trials or demos of more complex services to provide additional value to the lead.
Keep in mind that your process may end up looking different from the steps we provided, because no one singular process works across all industries and audiences. There is not just one way to generate quality leads, but the outline above is a solid starting point as a lead generation strategy example.
Generating leads is difficult enough, but attracting quality leads can feel like a guessing game at times. When you partner with a team like Statwax, we can insert our strategy to your current tactics, turning targets into engaged prospects. Our campaigns go beyond the keyword to help you find target customers at each stage of your customer journey
Affordable Lead Generation Services
Not every organization has the bandwidth to conduct lead generation on their own. With so many companies offering services that claim to assist in generating the best leads, how do you know if you are getting the most out of the money spent? You do not want to overspend to acquire leads; therefore, you should have some important questions ready when you shop around for these services.
- Are they a major or small lead generation company?
- Major companies focus on complex B2B solutions.
- Small companies find customers for smaller purchases.
- Are they inbound or outbound service providers?
- Inbound generates leads through content creation to pull activity to your website.
- Outbound relies on targeted channels like email and phone calls.
- Where do they get their leads, and how do they manage them?
- Do they conduct their own research?
- Do they use a third-party data source?
The questions you need to think about before partnering with an agency are vital to ensure that you are making the most out of your budget. These are not the only important questions you should ask one of these agencies, but a good place to start.
Statwax: Quality Leads Guaranteed
We understand the impact that quality leads bring to a company. Our aim is to drive lead generation, and marketing qualified leads that are most likely to become actual customers. We are able to achieve this by integrating your CRM (if you have one), customer data, and your digital ad platforms. If you are ready to take your lead generation strategy to the next level, contact us!
Recommended For You
Demand Generation vs Lead Generation
Demand generation vs lead generation, what’s the difference? Is there any? If you ask your local digital marketing aficionado, there’s a good chance that they’ll use the terms interchangeably. But, they shouldn’t. Demand generation and lead generation occupy specific and important slots...
How to Improve Lead Quality
It’s a struggle finding quality leads that move your business in the right direction. Generating high-quality leads takes a lot of time. You can take several steps to improve your lead quality, including following predetermined criteria and analyzing data on inbound communication. You might als...
How Is Lead Quality Defined?
You may have finally reached a point where the leads are flowing in for your SaaS company. Maybe you’ve invested in LinkedIn ads, paid search marketing, diligent A/B testing, or other common lead campaigns. Perhaps you’ve implemented alternative methods that are leading to a steady stream of le...