What is SaaS Marketing Strategy?
A SaaS marketing strategy is the approach that you take to sell your software as a service (SaaS). Some companies lean on free trials or co-marketing (where they bundle their software with another company’s product), while others take a more data-driven approach to their marketing. We believe that a successful SaaS marketing strategy incorporates data and research to nail your SaaS marketing mix and grow organic visibility and leads. Let’s dive into the nuts and bolts of SaaS marketing.
What Do the Best SaaS Marketing Campaigns Have in Common?
They are data-driven
The best marketing campaigns aren’t looking to bring in heaps and heaps of unqualified leads. No, they’re looking for quality customers and, most importantly: where those quality customers are coming from and how to get more of them. Taking a data-driven, quality over quantity approach helps SaaS marketing campaigns succeed. We bring this strategy to life with our proprietary data models and lead scoring that makes your marketing strategy scalable and efficient at any level.
They allocate their digital marketing budget appropriately
Why spend money in places where you won’t get a good return on your marketing investment? When setting a SaaS company marketing channels’ budget, it is vitally important to allocate digital marketing dollars to the channels that will give you the best ROI. This can be very tricky, especially if your paid campaigns seem to have similar performance with clicks and views.However, one of the best ways to differentiate which channel to dedicate money towards is to look for the highest number of closed leads. This will help you optimize your budget to put your dollars into the SaaS marketing channels where you’ll get the best results.
They use closed customer personas and audience targeting
We all know that every search engine and social media platform has its own specific demographics of users and that every marketing channel has its own unique set of users. The key to figuring out what content to put where is creating profiles of your ideal customers—also known as personas. Utilizing information from your closed customers will help you formulate these personas and give you insight into which marketing channels are right for your marketing campaigns. You can also use this data to add audience targeting layers to your marketing campaigns. This will help you drill down into specific audiences for campaigns to efficiently reach the people most likely to become a closed customer.
How Do You Develop a Marketing Strategy for B2B SaaS?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to do it alone. We love partnering with people and helping formulate a B2B SaaS marketing strategy that will help you get to where you want to be. That’s not just marketing fluff—100% of our clients hit their acquisition goals in 2020. Our services include:
- Paid Digital Strategies (search, social, etc)
- Predictive Customer Acquisition Modeling
- Customer Journey Mapping and Analysis
- CRM and Platform Integration
- Data Visualization and Dashboarding
- Lead Scoring and Performance Projecting
- Search Engine Optimization
- Landing Page Development and Optimization
- Analytics Cleanup, Tagging, and Analysis
We bring all of these powerful tools into play to help you create an overall SaaS marketing strategy that will give you transformational results.
If you want to try it on your own first, the best place to start is to examine the data you already have. Ask questions like:
- Where are my customers located?
- What marketing channels are we most successful in?
- What types of marketing don’t generate leads?
As basic as this sounds, it’s really important to remember to make your decisions based on data, not feelings. You’ve got great instincts but in order to conquer the rapidly-changing market, you need data on your side too.
Looking at your SaaS marketing data will help you formulate a SaaS marketing strategy that works well for your company and gets you quality leads that turn into long-term customers.
Closed Leads and Customers At Scale with Statwax
Our SaaS clients have over a 5x return on their marketing spend while experiencing a decrease in customer acquisition cost (CAC) every single year. These remarkable results are due to our unique approach to SaaS marketing. We specialize in:
- Persona-Based Targeting: Identifying your ideal audiences’ demographics and geographics is just the starting point for us. Take your digital campaigns to the next level with our help—we assist you with understanding and mapping your customers’ intent, motives, challenges, and goals in order to reach them quickly and effectively.
- Paid Digital Marketing Channels: We believe in a true partnership approach. We collaborate with your marketing, sales, and customer success teams to target personas and get the right SaaS marketing mix so your dollars go further.
- Predictive Modeling: Okay, here’s the nerdiest part of what we do! Our data operations and innovation team brings the power of predictive modeling to your lead data, delivering intelligent insights into predictable and repeatable revenue streams.
- Lead Quality Optimization: What’s the point of having a bunch of leads if they…well…don’t actually lead anywhere? We don’t want to waste the valuable time of SaaS sales and marketing teams by trying to hit some arbitrary number. Every step we take is to make sure that only high-quality leads (that turn into loyal customers) are delivered to your people.
Connect with us today to learn more about how we can help you refine and elevate your SaaS marketing strategy.