Summer 2019 Half Day Friday Highlights
At Statwax, work-life balance is a really big deal.
That’s why all of Statwax practices half day Fridays, from Memorial Day to Labor Day each year. Having a few extra hours to call our own each week enables us to do things we normally can’t when time and life get in the way. It gives us the opportunity to focus on family, friends, ambitions, and even our bucket lists.
We all agree half day Fridays make us happier and harder workers, and to celebrate our last half day of the year we’re sharing the team’s favorite highlights. Take a look at some of the exciting things we’ve done, and why they make us love our job all the more.
- “As part of my Alaska trip, that happened to be the first day with my sister, nephew, and brother in law on that trip.”
- “Being able to avoid traffic during my hour commute back to school.”
- “I took my girlfriend out to try poke for her first time then we took our dog to the local dog park bar and ended the day with a nice rack of lamb and watched the sunset.”
- “Various travels to San Diego and back home/ Maine.”
- “Going to the state fair with my wife.”
- “Taking the little one down to grandma and grandpas for a long weekend, and how excited he already gets when he can leave ‘school’ early!”
- “Bring my dog to the office!”
- “Heading out early to catch my flight to Universal Studios.”
- “Treating my grandparents to lunch on a hot summer day. You can never spend too much time with grandparents.”
- “Heading out early for our road trip home to Wisconsin with my two favorite guys and getting extra time to spend with family.”
- “Spending the day with my grandma and grandpa in the hospital.”
- “Getting to spend time with my brothers who were on summer break at our grandparents’ pool.”
From travel, to grandparents, family, and new adventures, we had a blast prioritizing our passions this year. And now we’re ready to take our newfound energy and experiences into a great fall across all our offices!
Recommended For You
Statwax Wins Three Powderkeg Unvalley Awards
At Statwax creating and maintaining a good company culture is critical to the success of our company and our people. We believe that our culture, which is based on our core values, is as important as the work that we do and the clients that we serve. We strive each day to keep our culture evolv...
4 Must-Have Elements for Your Digital Marketing Dashboard
Dashboards have become synonymous with tracking and evaluating performance of digital marketing campaigns. For the savvy marketer, these dashboards are a way to see, usually in real-time, top campaign metrics, costs, and overall performance. This data is critical to making smart, quick marketin...
The Power of Pronouns: How to Respect Gender Identity at Work
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic began there was a fundamental shift happening in what is important to people at work. No longer was the sole focus on pay or traditional benefits - a sense of good company culture, an environment of inclusion and belonging, and having a clear and growing career...